WELCOME TO OPEN YOUR TREASURES…A HOME FOR ENCOURAGEMENT!
Karyn Almendarez WELCOMES YOU to her website!
She is an author, blogger, and editor. She writes about living with passion, purpose, and promise. You can learn more about Karyn on her About page. Click on Welcome to come back to this page. 🙂
No matter your age, life can be more meaningful when you open your treasures and mark things off your “bucket list”.
What have you always wanted to learn, practice, or share with others?
So many baby boomers are nearing retirement or have already gotten there. Talk about a life change! Whether or not you are at retirement age (or close), this website is for you! One thing about life we can count on is that IT WILL BRING CHANGES.
Open Your Treasures will:
- equip you to accept life’s changes, challenges, and hardships
- lean in on your faith during loss or illness
- introduce you to new wellness tools to keep your body strong
WHAT IF I FEEL STUCK?
With any big life change, we begin to ask:
- What am I passionate about?
- What is my purpose?
- What promises can my future hold?
When we are emotionally, financially, physically, or spiritually challenged, we may feel
All of those feelings can be normal, but we don’t have to stay there letting the negativity control our thoughts, health, and behaviors.
It’s Never Too Late!
Remember, It is NEVER TOO LATE to learn a new skill, mark something off of your bucket list, or gain a new perspective on how to live the rest of your life.
- Do you have hobbies you want to spend more time exploring?
- What is something you have always been interested in or good at, but you haven’t had time to explore?
- What do you want to mark off your bucket list?
- Do you want to travel more, garden more, cook healthier, write a book, start a blog…?
Just so you know that I practice what I “preach”…I am passionate about writing. For the past few years, I have learned how to create a website, start a blog, and write and publish a book!
Open Your Treasures is always evolving, my blogging topics change with my personal challenges, and my friends and readers are asking, “What is your next book about?”
I WRITE to encourage you:
- Explore your PASSION for life and learning
- Expand your PURPOSE through a healthier mind, body, and spirit
- Embrace your PROMISE through trusting your faith in God and Christ
When Life Throws Curve Balls
Life throws curve balls at everyone…usually when we least expect them!
Our LOSSES, HEALTH, HEARTACHES, and FAILURES may paralyze us, depress us, affect our relationships, and eat away at our confidence.
Losses may include the death of loved ones, financial losses, health issues, divorce etc. (There are many more, but my mission is to encourage, so I’ll stop 🙂 )
- duck and HIDE to avoid getting hit
- swing and miss getting ANGRY
- or strike out and QUIT
Or… I can
- keep swinging until we CONNECT with the ball
- PRACTICE hitting until we get better
- HELP OTHERS learn to persevere
LET’S STAY IN TOUCH!
LEARN more about me on the About page.
FIND out more about my best-selling book, Tragedy’s Treasures, A Mom’s Journey Through Grief, on my Books page.
I invite you to read encouraging and inspirational blog posts and to sign up for my email list to receive monthly newsletters with tips for living healthier in mind, body, and spirit!